I have worked with a variety of clients to create bespoke glass pieces from domestic house number plates and fan-lights to large scale windows in public buildings.
I am Level 3 City and Guilds qualified in glass design and I enjoy working closely with the client and producing designs which can be modified to reach the best solution for the job.
There are three stages to the commission process:
- The initial discussion leading to a working design, which can be further modified. The cost of this would normally be 15% of the total cost or £50, whichever is the greatest. This is agreed and paid at the outset.
- After agreeing the design, a time scale is worked out and a further 25% of the full cost is paid up front (for materials).
- The project is constructed and full balance is paid on delivery.
Examples of past commissions :
Most recent public building commission – Colchester Sixth Form College, Balkerne Gate commemorative window for the IT Building – 2018.
- Two large leaded windows (2 metres x 3 metres) for Performing Arts Dept, Colchester Sixth Form College
- Fan-light and twin front door panels for private Victorian house
- Restoration of two memorial windows taken from a church for domestic use
- Various fan-lights in lead work and copper foil for interior and exterior door frames
- Copper foil hanging panels designed to client’s theme
- Large memorial window for college tutor
A SELECTION OF GLASS WORKS COMMISSIONED SINCE 2007